Skip to main content

Clothespin Airplane


When we moved into our home a few years ago, the previous owner left a bunch of clothespins.  I've never used them but thought they could come in handy for some crafts.  One day when my nephew was visiting, I had him and Hasan make some Clothespin Airplanes.  The ones above are made by Hasan and Bilal.  It was a very simple and quick craft to do.  Out of all the things my boys have made, they played with these airplanes the most.


Hasan insisted I take a picture of the planes like this.

What You Need:
Clothespins
Craft Sticks
Hot glue gun

How To:
Since this craft uses a hot glue gun, be sure to carefully supervise your children.  You could use regular white glue but it will take some time to dry.

The craft stick is the wing of the plane.  Using a hot glue gun, attach the craft stick to the clothespin.  Decorate the planes.  Hasan just wanted to write numbers on them with a marker.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Craft Stick Fish

I saw this craft in Easy Fun Crafts with Everyday Items .  I have a bunch of craft sticks and it looked very simple.  In the book they used bigger sticks...mine were the size of Popsicle stick.  I didn't have enough of one colour so I mixed it up.  I let Hasan pick the colours.  We glued a couple of magnets on the back and Hasan gave it to his Nani (maternal grandmother).

Styrofoam Pounding

It's been a long time since I posted anything on this blog.  Things over at  Chocolate & Chillies have been keeping me busy.  I wanted to share with you this activity I did with my boys.  A while ago my friend was visiting from Louisiana and she had her kids doing this activity. It's very simple and kids love it.  It is kids banging golf tees into a piece of styrofoam.  I wouldn't do this with a large group of kids because it can get dangerous.  I had trouble pulling out some of the pounded in golf tees.

Styrofoam Jellyfish

I saw this craft on Crafts by Amanda .  Hasan made the ones pictured above and although they don't look as good as the ones Amanda made, he had a lot of fun making them which is the goal of any activity we do.  In the original craft you are supposed to paint the styrofoam half which would look really good.  I didn't do that because then I would have the boys start the craft and then have to make them wait for the paint to dry before they could continue.  I wanted to complete this craft in one sitting.  I was also lazy to get the googly eyes so Hasan just drew them on with a marker.  Bilal had a hard time with this craft and in the end just played with the pipe cleaners.