Skip to main content

Fireman Lapbook

Fireman Lapbook Cover

I find Bilal is very interested in doing school work so I've started to do more activities at home with him since he has a few months before he goes to school.  He loves cutting, writing and doing worksheets.  He is really good at keeping himself busy and loves to do things independently.  I found the template for this Fireman Lapbook over at Homeschool Creations.  Not only did we make the lapbook but we did some of the extra worksheets that can be found at Homeschool Creations.

Inside the Fireman Lapbook

Just making the lapbook was a wonderful activity.  It involved lots of gluing and cutting.  Once it was complete there were lots of activities to do.  The lapbook has pattern making, learning about colours, counting, learning to spell their name, shadow matching and learning Fireman words.

Back of the Fireman Lapbook

After making the Fireman Lapbook, Bilal took it to Hasan's school to show all the teachers.  He was very shy and wouldn't speak but he insisted on showing everyone.  A couple of days later we dropped by our local fire station to show them all his hard work.  We went after school so Hasan could join us.  They both were very quiet while we were there. There were 3 fireman at the station.  They showed Hasan and Bilal the firetruck.  I told them Bilal made this book and wanted to show them.  One of the firemen took it and was so excited saying no one has ever given them anything like that.  I was scared Bilal might say something or get upset they were going to keep it but he was totally fine with it.  They gave both boys a bunch of goodies including fireman hats and markers.  For the next couple of days they would not take off their fireman hats and were once again playing with their firetrucks.  They both are asking when they can go back to visit the fire station!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Craft Stick Fish

I saw this craft in Easy Fun Crafts with Everyday Items .  I have a bunch of craft sticks and it looked very simple.  In the book they used bigger sticks...mine were the size of Popsicle stick.  I didn't have enough of one colour so I mixed it up.  I let Hasan pick the colours.  We glued a couple of magnets on the back and Hasan gave it to his Nani (maternal grandmother).

Styrofoam Pounding

It's been a long time since I posted anything on this blog.  Things over at  Chocolate & Chillies have been keeping me busy.  I wanted to share with you this activity I did with my boys.  A while ago my friend was visiting from Louisiana and she had her kids doing this activity. It's very simple and kids love it.  It is kids banging golf tees into a piece of styrofoam.  I wouldn't do this with a large group of kids because it can get dangerous.  I had trouble pulling out some of the pounded in golf tees.

Styrofoam Jellyfish

I saw this craft on Crafts by Amanda .  Hasan made the ones pictured above and although they don't look as good as the ones Amanda made, he had a lot of fun making them which is the goal of any activity we do.  In the original craft you are supposed to paint the styrofoam half which would look really good.  I didn't do that because then I would have the boys start the craft and then have to make them wait for the paint to dry before they could continue.  I wanted to complete this craft in one sitting.  I was also lazy to get the googly eyes so Hasan just drew them on with a marker.  Bilal had a hard time with this craft and in the end just played with the pipe cleaners.