Skip to main content

Styrofoam Snowman


Finally a post for this much neglected blog...I figure I'd better get this one up before winter is over.  I have another snowman craft coming up after this too!

This snowman is extremely simple to make.  Hasan made this and really enjoyed it.  Hasan hates getting his hands dirty and this was a perfect craft for him.  We did this while Bilal was napping.

Materials Needed:
3 styrofoam balls
2 toothpicks (plus one extra for making holes for the pipe cleaners)
2 googly eyes
3 pom poms
pipe cleaners for arms, mouth, nose and hat
glue

How To:
Insert toothpick in the center of one of the styrofoam balls.  Add some glue around and then push the other end of the toothpick into the other styrofoam ball.  Repeat with another toothpick and ball to form the body.

Using a toothpick, make a hole on either side of the middle ball for the arms.  Divide a pipe cleaner into three pieces.  Use two of these for the arms.  Push each arm into the hole made on either side of the middle ball.

Fold a small piece of orange pipe cleaner in half.  To make the nose, use a toothpick to make 2 holes.  They should line up vertically.  Insert each end of the orange pipe cleaner into the holes so it makes a triangle shape.

On the top of the snowman's head use a toothpick to make a hole to insert the hat.  Using one pipe cleaner, insert one end into the hole and spiral the pipe cleaner to make the hat.

Glue on the googly eyes.  Use 1/3 of a pipe cleaner for the mouth and glue on.  Glue the pom poms on the middle ball.  Allow to dry.  Done!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Craft Stick Fish

I saw this craft in Easy Fun Crafts with Everyday Items .  I have a bunch of craft sticks and it looked very simple.  In the book they used bigger sticks...mine were the size of Popsicle stick.  I didn't have enough of one colour so I mixed it up.  I let Hasan pick the colours.  We glued a couple of magnets on the back and Hasan gave it to his Nani (maternal grandmother).

Styrofoam Pounding

It's been a long time since I posted anything on this blog.  Things over at  Chocolate & Chillies have been keeping me busy.  I wanted to share with you this activity I did with my boys.  A while ago my friend was visiting from Louisiana and she had her kids doing this activity. It's very simple and kids love it.  It is kids banging golf tees into a piece of styrofoam.  I wouldn't do this with a large group of kids because it can get dangerous.  I had trouble pulling out some of the pounded in golf tees.

Toilet Paper Roll Octopus

I saw this craft a long time ago and thought it would be good to do with Hasan.  It's pretty simple and I've seen it on numerous websites .  The hardest thing for Hasan was waiting for the paint to dry.  We completed it in two days because Bilal woke up early from his nap after Hasan was done painting.