Skip to main content

Colouring on Corrugated Cardboard

Bilal's on the left, Hasan's on the right.

Before Bilal was born I used to take Hasan to the Ontario Early Years Centre.  We would go to a session called Messy Play which when I first read that title I thought this was not for Hasan.  Hasan hates getting messy...as soon as something gets on his hands he has to clean it...finger painting was never his thing.   But everything wasn't "messy" and he really enjoyed the time he spent there.  Once when we were there they had corrugated cardboard laid out on a table.  The activity was to dip a toy car in paint and run it back and forth on the corrugated cardboard to make tracks.  Since I was having both the boys do this I had them use oil pastels.

Bilal really enjoyed this activity.  Hasan finished it very quickly and was ready to move on.

Materials Needed:
Corrugated Cardboard
Oil Pastels or Crayons

How To:
Have your child colour across the corrugated cardboard.  Can also have them dip a toy car in paint and drive it back and forth on the corrugated cardboard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Craft Stick Fish

I saw this craft in Easy Fun Crafts with Everyday Items .  I have a bunch of craft sticks and it looked very simple.  In the book they used bigger sticks...mine were the size of Popsicle stick.  I didn't have enough of one colour so I mixed it up.  I let Hasan pick the colours.  We glued a couple of magnets on the back and Hasan gave it to his Nani (maternal grandmother).

Styrofoam Pounding

It's been a long time since I posted anything on this blog.  Things over at  Chocolate & Chillies have been keeping me busy.  I wanted to share with you this activity I did with my boys.  A while ago my friend was visiting from Louisiana and she had her kids doing this activity. It's very simple and kids love it.  It is kids banging golf tees into a piece of styrofoam.  I wouldn't do this with a large group of kids because it can get dangerous.  I had trouble pulling out some of the pounded in golf tees.

Toilet Paper Roll Octopus

I saw this craft a long time ago and thought it would be good to do with Hasan.  It's pretty simple and I've seen it on numerous websites .  The hardest thing for Hasan was waiting for the paint to dry.  We completed it in two days because Bilal woke up early from his nap after Hasan was done painting.