Skip to main content

Ramadan Lapbook

Left lapbook is Bilal's, Right Lapbook is Hasan's

A little while ago, Bilal made a Fireman Lapbook that he really enjoyed.  Hasan was in school at the time and also showed interest in making lapbooks so I told him once summer started we would work on some.  Since it was Ramadan when the summer began I thought it would be a great idea to make a Ramadan Lapbook.  I found all the printables for making the Ramadan Lapbook over at Umm Abdul Basir's Sharing Our Homeschool Adventure.

Hasan is not into colouring at all so I was very impressed by how well he coloured.  It took us about 3 days to complete the lapbook.  I found that Bilal was not concentrating as much as he usually does.  He was occupied with being the first one to finish.  So he wasn't cutting in straight lines and his colouring consisted of scribbling while looking at Hasan.

Inside of Hasan's Lapbook

Inside of Bilal's Lapbook

With this lapbook we learned about the different phases of the moon, different ways to give Zakaat, good deeds we can do, 3 Hadith about dates and what to do on Eid.  I found some of the material to be too advanced for Bilal but it was good for Hasan.  One thing Bilal keeps talking about is the crescent moon.  Specifically when he eats a cucumber, he will have bitten it into a crescent shape and ask me "Is this the crescent moon you are looking for?".  Hasan found it interesting learning about the different phases of the moon.

Bilal

Hasan

This was a good project for Ramadan.  Although Hasan was disappointed that it wasn't "fun".  He wanted something with more games.  But he definitely did come away from this having learned more about Ramadan.  Insha'Allah we'll take a look at this lapbook next Ramadan again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Craft Stick Fish

I saw this craft in Easy Fun Crafts with Everyday Items .  I have a bunch of craft sticks and it looked very simple.  In the book they used bigger sticks...mine were the size of Popsicle stick.  I didn't have enough of one colour so I mixed it up.  I let Hasan pick the colours.  We glued a couple of magnets on the back and Hasan gave it to his Nani (maternal grandmother).

Styrofoam Pounding

It's been a long time since I posted anything on this blog.  Things over at  Chocolate & Chillies have been keeping me busy.  I wanted to share with you this activity I did with my boys.  A while ago my friend was visiting from Louisiana and she had her kids doing this activity. It's very simple and kids love it.  It is kids banging golf tees into a piece of styrofoam.  I wouldn't do this with a large group of kids because it can get dangerous.  I had trouble pulling out some of the pounded in golf tees.

Styrofoam Jellyfish

I saw this craft on Crafts by Amanda .  Hasan made the ones pictured above and although they don't look as good as the ones Amanda made, he had a lot of fun making them which is the goal of any activity we do.  In the original craft you are supposed to paint the styrofoam half which would look really good.  I didn't do that because then I would have the boys start the craft and then have to make them wait for the paint to dry before they could continue.  I wanted to complete this craft in one sitting.  I was also lazy to get the googly eyes so Hasan just drew them on with a marker.  Bilal had a hard time with this craft and in the end just played with the pipe cleaners.