Skip to main content

Clothespin Caterpillar


We have a ton of clothespin that we never use so I thought they would be good to use in crafts for the boys.  I saw this idea on Somewhere in the Middle.  We made ours into magnets.  We put 2 small pieces of magnets which have adhesive on the back.  We should have used more magnets because they weren't very strong.  We made this craft when my nephew was over visiting.  The Clothespin Caterpillar pictured above was made by Hasan.  Bilal was not feeling well at the time so opted out.  I used this to hang Hasan's Napkin Man on the fridge.


We used a hot glue gun so that they would dry right away but you can use regular white glue.

Materials Needed:
Clothespin
Pom poms
Googly eyes
Glue or Hot Glue Gun

How To:
Put a line of glue on top of the clothespin.  Put the pom poms on top.  Glue on the googly eyes.  If you want the glue to dry right away use a hot glue gun like we did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Craft Stick Fish

I saw this craft in Easy Fun Crafts with Everyday Items .  I have a bunch of craft sticks and it looked very simple.  In the book they used bigger sticks...mine were the size of Popsicle stick.  I didn't have enough of one colour so I mixed it up.  I let Hasan pick the colours.  We glued a couple of magnets on the back and Hasan gave it to his Nani (maternal grandmother).

Toilet Paper Roll Octopus

I saw this craft a long time ago and thought it would be good to do with Hasan.  It's pretty simple and I've seen it on numerous websites .  The hardest thing for Hasan was waiting for the paint to dry.  We completed it in two days because Bilal woke up early from his nap after Hasan was done painting.

Toilet Paper Roll Snowman

Another snowman craft made my Hasan.  I saw this idea on  Crafts By Amanda .  She also made children out of toilet paper rolls as well.  They looked so cute I had to get Hasan to make one of them.  I love her idea of how to make the earmuffs...very creative!  This was the first time Hasan used the hot glue gun.  Everything dried very quickly.  We didn't paint the toilet paper roll because I wanted to finish this craft in one sitting.