Skip to main content

Creepy Crawlers


When we started this craft we were supposed to be making these ladybugs but I didn't exactly remember how they were after we started the project.  So this is what we ended up.  Bilal made the three on the left and Hasan's are on the right.  Bilal loved dipping his brush in different colours and making each one very colourful.  Hasan stuck to one colour for each one.  They both needed some help sticking the pipe cleaner in for the antennas.  After they were all done Bilal loved scratching the googly eyes off and pulling out the pipe cleaners.  Hasan's are still intact and sitting on the TV with his butterfly and octopus.

Materials Needed:
Egg Carton
Googly Eyes
Pipe Cleaners (cut in half)
Paint
Glue
Scissors

How To:
Cut out the body of the Creepy Crawler from the egg carton.  Paint each one.

Once dry, poke 2 holes on the top using a toothpick.  Push 1/2 a pipe cleaner in the holes to make the antennas.  Glue on googly eyes.

You can see some black maker on the Creepy Crawlers.  I was trying to get them to draw dots on but it didn't go very well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Craft Stick Fish

I saw this craft in Easy Fun Crafts with Everyday Items .  I have a bunch of craft sticks and it looked very simple.  In the book they used bigger sticks...mine were the size of Popsicle stick.  I didn't have enough of one colour so I mixed it up.  I let Hasan pick the colours.  We glued a couple of magnets on the back and Hasan gave it to his Nani (maternal grandmother).

Toilet Paper Roll Octopus

I saw this craft a long time ago and thought it would be good to do with Hasan.  It's pretty simple and I've seen it on numerous websites .  The hardest thing for Hasan was waiting for the paint to dry.  We completed it in two days because Bilal woke up early from his nap after Hasan was done painting.

Toilet Paper Roll Snowman

Another snowman craft made my Hasan.  I saw this idea on  Crafts By Amanda .  She also made children out of toilet paper rolls as well.  They looked so cute I had to get Hasan to make one of them.  I love her idea of how to make the earmuffs...very creative!  This was the first time Hasan used the hot glue gun.  Everything dried very quickly.  We didn't paint the toilet paper roll because I wanted to finish this craft in one sitting.